About Me

My photo
I enjoy living in the country, walks in the fields with my little friend, Sophie, traveling, camping, gardening, and playing with the grandboys! My best friends are my sisters, my dog, and my kindle! I am happiest and most at peace by bodies of water. My greatest happiness will come from greeting my children and grandchildren in Heaven someday!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Fall!



I realized today in church how negative I have been about fall and the coming winter (you may have noticed!) and realized I have done a great disservice to God by dreading the end of summer. We were singing "How Great Thou Art" and the one verse is aboutwalking in the woods and I realized He made the seasons for MY pleasure and how sad He is that I don't enjoy them. I guess that if I didn't have winter, I wouldn't be so excited about the warmth and planting in summer. I also learned in my Bible study that He has put me here in this place, at this time, for this SEASON, for a purpose and my whining about it won't fulfill that purpose! So HAPPY Fall!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks--I will do battlefield of the mind and work on my attitude about the season too.AMEN SISTER!!!
Lots of vitamin D too. How shall we embrace winter?